Ringgold County Hospital (RCH) provides high-quality, comprehensive, and convenient medical care to patients of all ages in Mount Ayr, Iowa, and the surrounding communities. The hospital offers a wide range of services to ensure patients get the high-quality and diverse healthcare they need without having to travel to a big city hospital.
RCH is a rural hospital based in small-town Mount Ayr, Iowa. In February 2022, the hospital was recognized as a top performer on The Chartis Group Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals list for 2022, reflecting the high standard of care offered by the hospital. It offers a range of accessible and convenient services in one location, preventing the need for patients to access multiple facilities or travel further to seek the care they need.
In-House Services Available at RCH
RCH is run by experienced, enthusiastic, and highly trained staff who provide a comprehensive range of innovative treatments and services to ensure patients’ health needs are catered to effectively. Services include:
- 24-hour emergency care for serious illness, injury, and potentially life-threatening emergencies
- A family medical clinic to address every day, nonemergency healthcare needs. Services include DOT and other physicals, vaccinations, prenatal care, pediatric care, diabetes care, and health promotion
- Allergy diagnosis and therapy
- Health Coaching
- In-house laboratory testing
- Inpatient care
- Medical Imaging services
- Rehabilitation services
- Respiratory therapy
- Senior support and mental health outpatient program
- Surgical services
- Vascular care and testing
Outpatient Specialty Clinics at RCH
In addition to the in-house hospital services and family care clinic available at RCH, we also offer regularly scheduled visits with highly qualified providers at our outpatient specialty clinics. These clinics ensure that patients have access to a wide range of specialty health care and equipment all in one convenient location, avoiding the need for patients to travel to a big-city hospital or more distant medical providers. Primary care physicians can help coordinate specialty care, giving patients the opportunity to consult with and receive care from the most appropriate specialist for their specific health needs. The types of services you can expect at our outpatient specialty clinic include:
- Cardiology – the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease, including consultations, cardiac testing, and follow-up visits.
- Dermatology – the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the skin, hair, and nails for patients of all ages. Services include on-site biopsies, skin treatments, and services to meet medical, surgical, or cosmetic care needs.
- Comprehensive foot and nail care– diagnosing and treating conditions that can affect the feet, and performing routine foot inspections and foot-health assessments.
- Infusion therapy– for patients who require frequent infusions of medications, including those with central lines and those on maintenance therapy.
- Nephrology– the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of common kidney-related diagnoses, such as chronic kidney disease, nephritis, and electrolyte disorders.
- Optometry– including ordering and supplying corrective lenses for refractive eye conditions.
- Orthopedics – the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
- Pain management– to provide effective short- and long-term relief from acute and chronic pain due to a wide variety of causes.
- Podiatry– caring for conditions affecting the foot and ankle. Specialists in foot and ankle surgery, sports injuries, and diabetic foot care.
- Urology– dealing with illnesses and diseases associated with the urinary tract and male reproductive organs.
- Wound Care
To ensure RCH continues to serve as your partner in health, new services and equipment are continually added, so that patient needs are met effectively.
Community Outreach Services
Because RCH values the communities they serve, they are dedicated to making a commitment to community outreach and service. RCH is continually developing medical services and programs to benefit both patients and the wider community and has established long-term, productive partnerships with health and other organizations in the community.
RCH regularly participate in a variety of health education and event initiatives to benefit the communities they serve, such as free cholesterol screenings, regularly monitoring of vital signs, and free health coaching. The hospital also offers speakers for educational purposes on health-related topics, free of charge.
RCH in Mount Ayr, Iowa, For All Your Healthcare Needs
At RCH, our patient’s health is our top priority. We focus on providing a wide range of high-quality health services to ensure you and your family get the best healthcare experience.
If you would like to learn more or are looking for comprehensive healthcare from highly trained staff, visit Ringgold County Hospital or call us at (641) 464-3226.