Contact & Location
The friendly staff at Ringgold County Hospital in Mount Ayr, Iowa, welcomes your call and looks forward to serving you. For your convenience, we’ve provided our location, relevant phone numbers, and what else you need to know (including our hours and more) below.
- To schedule an appointment, you can call your provider or use our secure online appointment request form.
- For general information, please call the hospital’s main phone line at (641) 464-3226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send personal or confidential medical information by email.
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab – 641-464-4449
- Infusion Therapy – 641-464-4471
- Laboratory – 641-464-4412
- Medical Imaging – 641-464-4431
- Rehab Services – 641-464-4449
- Respiratory Therapy – 641-464-4454
- Senior Life Solutions – 641-464-4463
- Surgery – 641-464-4471
- Acute Floor: (641) 464-3226
- Skilled Care: (641) 464-4418
- Health Coach: (641) 464-4534
- Human Resources: (641) 464-3226
- Infusion Therapy: (641) 464-4427
- Laboratory: (641) 464-4411
- Medical Records: (641) 464-3226
- Mount Ayr Medical Clinic: (641) 464-4470
- Outpatient Specialty Clinics: (641) 464-4409
- Pain Management: (641) 464-4427
- Patient Accounts: (641) 464-4459
- Radiology: (641) 464-4400
- Rehabilitation Services: (641) 464-4428
- Respiratory Therapy: (641) 464-4407
- Senior Life Solutions: (641) 464-4468
- Surgical Services: (641) 464-4427
- Wound Care: (641) 464-4409
Our hours of operation vary, depending on which of our healthcare services you’re using:
- Ringgold County Hospital:
- Open 24/7 for patient care
- Monday – Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm for billing & administrative assistance
- Mount Ayr Medical Clinic: Monday - Friday, 7 am - 5 pm
- Specialty Outpatient Clinics: Schedule varies; choose the clinic you’re interested in to find out when it’s available:
In the event of a life-threatening medical emergency, call emergency medical services at 911 immediately.
At Ringgold County Hospital, we accept Medicare, Medicaid, and most major insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company or you may call our billing office at (641) 464-4404 to find out if we accept your plan.
If your insurance plan requires you to pay a co-payment, co-insurance, and/or a deductible, you will need to pay at the time of your visit. For your convenience we accept cash, checks, and most major credit cards.
If you have a question related to your bill or insurance, please contact our billing specialists at (641) 464-4404. Find out more about our billing policies and other information.
Referrals for Specialty Care: If one of our providers suggests a specialist’s evaluation or diagnostic testing that requires a referral, we will make every effort to provide this for you as soon as possible. Some referrals require insurance preauthorization and cannot be processed immediately. Insurance guidelines prohibit us from backdating referrals. We require 3 business days for the processing of routine referrals.
To Receive Specialist Care at a Specialty Outpatient Clinic: If your insurance is an HMO/managed care plan and you are required to obtain a referral from your primary care physician, the referral must be obtained before you can be seen at one of our specialty care clinics. Please coordinate this with your primary care physician in advance. Appointments will be rescheduled if required referrals are not received in the office by the time of your visit.
To Receive Rehabilitation Therapy: You will need a referral from your physician or medical provider (primary care doctor, nurse practitioner, orthopedic surgeon, podiatrist, chiropractor, etc.) for insurance to pay for your rehabilitation treatment, whether that’s physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, or other type of rehab therapy.
We accept referrals by fax, email, or phone from your provider, and we will obtain the needed signed prescription within days of your referral, or you may bring the signed referral form with you to our office.
Prescriptions and refills for established patients of Ringgold County Hospital, Mount Ayr Medical Clinic, or our Specialty Outpatient Clinics are routinely issued during our regular office hours (see above). You can make your request by calling your pharmacy directly.
Refills are generally not issued during the evenings, weekends, or holidays, as the doctors may not have access to all your medical records during those times. It is helpful to anticipate your refill needs to avoid an interruption in your medication therapy.